The right infertility diagnosis is the key to successful treatment
After months or years of facing negative pregnancy tests, you want answers. The first step is getting an infertility diagnosis from our experienced Corpus Christi fertility specialist. As a doctor and a former fertility patient, Susan Hudson MD of Texas Fertility Center (TFC) knows how difficult it can be to experience infertility. However, she also knows there is hope with the right diagnosis and fertility treatment plan.
What helps Dr. Hudson reach an infertility diagnosis?
Our Corpus Christi fertility specialist helps her patients feel hopeful and empowered in their treatment. This begins by walking patients through the process of getting an accurate infertility diagnosis. Dr. Hudson will explain each step of the comprehensive fertility evaluation. She will tailor the evaluation to the unique needs of each patient. As a result, fertility diagnostics may include the following tests.
- Blood tests allow Dr. Hudson to assess a woman’s ovarian reserve (egg supply) and hormone levels. The tests can measure anti-Müllerianhormone (AMH), estradiol, follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), prolactin and thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH). She may also recommend blood tests for men to check hormone levels.
- Female evaluations that occur as part of the initial workup include a transvaginal ultrasound. This exam can determine whether a woman has any uterine abnormalities. It can also examine the ovaries and fallopian tubes. Additionally, Dr. Hudson may order a hysterosalpingogram (HSG) to assess whether the fallopian tubes are open.
- The male fertility evaluation includes a semen analysis to assess sperm count, movement and shape. If this test or the man’s blood tests reveal issues, Dr. Hudson may refer him to an experienced urologist for additional testing and treatment.
After receiving the test results, Dr. Hudson will review them with you. Next, she’ll design a fertility treatment plan to meet your medical, fertility and financial needs.
Find a wealth of treatment options in Corpus Christi
Once Dr. Hudson makes her infertility diagnosis, she can determine which fertility treatment will be the most likely to help you conceive. These family-building tools range from basic to advanced.
- Fertility medications for ovulation induction
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- In vitro fertilization (IVF)
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Egg, sperm and embryo donation
- Gestational surrogacy
Our Corpus Christi fertility specialist is proud to guide women and men on the journey to welcome a healthy baby. If you’re ready to take the first step on your journey, contact us for an appointment.